See photos (6)

The Recollets

Historic site and monument, Religious heritage, Convent in Caussade
  • The Recollet Fathers were called by the town in 1681, by order of the king and the bishop of Cahors.

  • They built their convent from 1684 to 1769 on land donated by the town and worked until 1791. Having become national property, the building was bought back by the commune. The chapel was used as a parish church in 1791 and again in 1879-1882 during the reconstruction of the Notre-Dame church. Today it houses the cinema-theatre. The rest of the buildings were used as the justice of the peace and primary school until 1970. Since then, the building has been used by the Tourist Office,...
    They built their convent from 1684 to 1769 on land donated by the town and worked until 1791. Having become national property, the building was bought back by the commune. The chapel was used as a parish church in 1791 and again in 1879-1882 during the reconstruction of the Notre-Dame church. Today it houses the cinema-theatre. The rest of the buildings were used as the justice of the peace and primary school until 1970. Since then, the building has been used by the Tourist Office, associations, meetings and exhibitions. The conference room on the first floor pays tribute to Pierre du Calvet, a native of Caussade. On the ground floor, you can admire the 75 calibre couleuvrine, melted down to support the 1573 siege.
  • Environment
    • Town location
Services
  • Equipment
    • Public WC
    • Car park
    • Meeting room
  • Services
    • Wi-fi
    • Tourist brochures
    • Tourist information